Tuesday, 18 April 2017

double page spread analysis 4

This double page spread features jay z
picture-
this double page spread uses a close up of jay z's face turned to the side and looking back at the camera.The photographer has also positioned a light on the side of his face so his face is very bright and clear as it is the main part of the image and the back of his head which is less significant is left in the dark.
For my image on my double page spread I am considering using a lighting effect just like on this photo to make the image really stand out and show off my photography knowledge and skills.
layout-
the picture of jay z on this page is very central with his head transitioning over the two pages with the 'j' from jay z being stretched vertically up his face whilst the other letters of his name are quite uniform.There is a quote at the top right of the double page set in a black box with a quote from the artist in it. the black background to this box makes it stand out on the page.
The planned layout from my magazine is very different from this one so there is not much that I can take from this even though it is a really good example of a double page spread.
text-
There is two columns of text on this page one shorter in length than the other. underneath the white on black quote. at the bottom middle of the page there is the name of the artist on top of his picture with the j extended so it goes all the way up the image almost splitting the image in half. this makes it very clear as soon as you see the page who this story is about.
I am also looking for it to be very clear who my double spread is about so I will also include the artists name large on my double page and spread it across the two pages. However unlike this magazine I will have 3 columns of text as this is more conventional and that is what I am aiming for

No comments:

Post a Comment