even though I have identified jewellery as a typical convention of a rap magazine I have not included it in magazine for the following reason. When I was in the studio experimenting with both the schools gold chains as well as a thick gold chain that I purchased from top man. realised that it looked very tacky compared to something that a rapper such a lil Wayne or dr dre would wear which will be worth thousands of dollars and be covered in diamonds and other exquisite jewels.so the type of jewellery that I have available to me just didn't give off the same impression and instead made the impression of a sort of spin off of a rap magazine. so overall it made the magazine look very amateur and made my main cover star flava playa look completely fake as I do have some rapper brands available to me such as supreme like I have explained in an earlier post but I just don't have the type of chains or watches that would make a positive impact on my magazine. so I am writing this blog to explain a pretty crucial point in my project.
in summary these are the basic reasons for me not including the jewellery aspect in my magazine
-I do not have the right sort of jewellery available to me
-the jewellery that I can get makes the photos look amateur and my rappers fake
-The effect of fake gold and fake diamonds just gives off the wrong look compared to the real thing.
-It looked tacky and was obviously fake which took away from all the work I had done making the artists look as genuine as possible.
-overall it made a negative effect on my magazine and had the complete opposite effect I was looking for.
so because of all this I have made the justified decision to not use the chains etc that feature in many rap magazines even though I would of loved to include a realistic looking chain that gave off the correct impression.
I will post an example of the chain I tried in a future blog post
No comments:
Post a Comment