image
on this front cover the rapper drake has been featured in the very centre filling up most of the space.He is pictured in all black with two silver chains around his neck to show his wealth.He has a very serious expression and is almost looking down at the reader although he is superior to the reader.
from this i understand that the image must be very serious looking i will also use a mid shot kust like this showing off this mans wealth ans status. i also know from looking at this that the model should be wearing some sort of chain or jewellery.
colour
This magazine cover sticks to a strict 3 colour scheme. consisting of black white and yellow. with the main titles and attractive words such as "exclusive" and "new". This makes the articles seem enticing to the reader. This use of yellow is very important because it makes the articles stick out and also the magazine stand out on a shelf of very similar magazines
From this I have understood that for my front cover I should stick to black white and one bright colour such as yellow or red. however I am thinking about linking this into my photo. for example if my model is wearing a black white and red outfit then I would make the titles red in order to fit in.
layout
There is many different layers to this front cover. The Image has been positioned in such a way that it covers a small part of the "B" in the title and most of the "I" but so that it is still readable. To either side of the photo there is 4 article titles all in the same fonts but in different sizes. At the very top of the magazine it states the names of artists that are inside such as "50 cent"also towards the bottom corners of the article there is reminders of the magazines twitter page and website,along with the barcode and some sort of logo which we can only presume links into an article.
From this I understand that in my magazine I will have to have my photo slightly overlapping the title but at the same make it still easily readable.I will also need to place artciles to the sides of my photo.I will also need to include a barcode at one of the bottom corners.
font
The font used on this front cover is non-serif, meaning that non of the letters have flicks on the ends. This gives it a less serious and informal feel to it. Also in the title it self they have included the word new in the top corner of the "v". The font throughout stays the same font but the size of thee font varies greatly.
From this I understand that I should keep m font the same throughout the front cover but vary the sizes between titles etc.Also I think that I will keep to only 2 colours for font but I'm going to wrire a separate font post discussing the issue.

No comments:
Post a Comment