Picture
The picture on the front of this magazine is a close up of rapper big Sean . The picture seems to have been cut out from its original background and placed instead upon a grey background.As in the other magazines the rapper featured on the cover is looking very serious and staring into the camera.
For my magazine I will have my model with a very serious facial expression and staring into the camera for my front cover picture.However I may use a mid shot instead of a close up as I think the covers that I have looked at with mid shots looks better than with a close up.
Colour
This magazine sticks to a 3 colour scheme very similar to the other magazines that I have looked at.it sticks to mainly grey,black and red with a few bits of white text. This makes this magazine look very similar to all of the others however the bright red writing still makes it stand out on the shelf next to any of its competitors.
For my magazine I am going to use a 3 colour scheme mainly with potentially one more colour which will only be slightly included. This will make my magazine look professional and conventional. Which is my aim in this task.
Layout
As in the rest of the magazines that I have looked at the article titles have been positioned small to one side of the magazine.Also the picture overlaps the text like the rest of the magazine so it is clear to me that I need to include this in my design. This front cover also has the artists name large on the front of the magazine.making it very clear what the main focus of this magazine is. It has also included 4 names of artists such as 'juicy j' for example. This is enticing to the reader as they know that these artists must be included in some way inside.it has also included a barcode , small logo and social media platforms.
I will include most of these features in my cover as it will make it look conventional. This means that it will meet my criteria for my magazine to look exactly the same as the rest of main stream rap music magazines.
Text
The text in this magazine is San-serif meaning that there are no Flicky ends on the letters this gives the magazine a serious tone.This cover uses the same text all the way through and an italic version of the font for the initials 'mchg' Also the name of the magazine has a bit of a back shadow to it which makes the text look like it is slightly popping out from the magzine along with the red text gives it a very good impact and makes it stand out significantly compared to the other writing on the page.
I will use back shadowing on my magazines name so that it stands out from the rest of the page. This will give my magazine a distinctive look and make it stand out on the shelf next to its competitors

No comments:
Post a Comment