Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Contents page analysis 2


This contents page features 50 cent -

Picture
On this contents page it features a mid shot of 50 cent turned to his side looking back at the camera.he is dressed in mainly black clothing featuring a black bandana.you can also see a chain around his neck as well as tattoos on his arm. This gives him a threatening look.as for his facial expression it is very serious
From this I will make sure that my model is dressed in black colours.also I will have him with a very serious almost angry facial expression. This will give my magazine a realistic look and therefore meet the criteria for my magazine to look conventional.
Colour
This contents page sticks to a three colour scheme consisting of black,white and red.with the page numbers in the same bright red. This makes the column of text on the right stand out and it also makes it clear where the readers attention should be focused on. Also the colours of 50 cents clothing being black makes him stand out because the black of his top and bandana contrasts with the white background.
For my contents page I will use a 3 or 4 colour scheme and use the same colours from my front page so that it is very clear to the reader that they are part of the same magazine.
Layout
This is an example of a image dominated contents page. With 50 cent taking up most of the right side of the contents page.this gives the impression to the reader that 50 cent is the main focus of this magazine.
For my magazine I will also use a image on my contents page and make it the same person that features on my front cover.
Text
This contents page uses a bold font on the titles. Also the '48' which the 50 cent story is in a bigger text linking in with the photo above. Also there is a small font under each story briefly explaining the story.
I will use the larger font idea in my final piece to link the photo in with the text and double page spread I will include.



No comments:

Post a Comment