Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Contents page analysis 3

This contnets page features former N.W.A rapper ice cube
Colour
The colours on this contents page has 3 'aim colours black white and red. This gives it a very clear and distinctive look. With half of the page featuring a translucent red column which means that you can still see half of ice cubes face behind it. Also having the large white text in the bottom corner makes it very clear and stand out from the rest of the page.
For my magazine I will use a 3 or 4 colour scheme similar to this one thing will feature the colours black white and red. With a further possibility of a colour such as gold.
Layout
This contents page is image dominated with a large close up of ice cubes face this covers nearly all of the page. Most of the right side of the page is covered by a red translucent Collum with features two different fonts in white. This gives the contents page a distinctive and unique looks to the rest that I have looked at.
I will lay my collums out very similar to this magazine as I will feature the page numbers down one side of the magazine .
Font
This magazine has used a fancy italic font for the page numbers and a thicker non-serriff font that makes all of the sub titles stand out the white text on the red background makes it easy to read and makes it stand out against the background. There is also a larger bold font in the bottom left of the photo in a bold white text which makes the story stand out from the picture and other text on the page.
I will use contrasting coloured font on my contents page just like in this one such as the black on white and the red on white. This will make my text stand out against the background. I will also use a mixture of seriff and san-seriff fonts.
Picture
The picture on this magazine is a close up of only ice cubes face showing him with a very serious almost angry facial expression whilst staring into the camera. This makes him look important and better than the reader who he is almost looking down upon the reader. The image has also had a black and white filter put on it , the overall effect of this is that the other text and the red collum stand out a lot more.
I will not use a close up on my contents page like this because the image has to be crystal clear in order to get the sort of effect that this contents page had achieved. Instead I will use a mid shot and position it at one side of my page.
Image result for ice cube contents




No comments:

Post a Comment