Wednesday, 15 March 2017

double page analysis 1

this double page spread features jay z
layout
this double page spread features a clear split with a close up shot of jay z features half of the page whilst the other page is mostly writing in two large thick columns. with a big red J in the back ground which I'm presuming is for jay z it  also features a quote on top of the picture as well as a logo
I am thinking of heavily basing my double page on this one. I will divide my photo very like this one. however for mine I will use a definite split of half  being red and half being black and white which I think will give my double page a very similar feel to this one but with my own twist. I will also incorporate the big letter in the back ground as I feel it is a good way to bring colour to an otherwise bland slab of text.
picture
the picture in this double page spread features jay z as a close up wearing a chain and sunglasses. with a gradient red filter or red lighting. he has a very serious facial expression. with a very slight low angle.
for my photo I too will use a slight low angle with a very serious facial expression featuring on my models face. I will also use red filters to create a similar effect to this one.
text
The title to this article is quite small and features at the right side of the article at the very top.. it features a mix of two texts and black and red fonts. this creates an overall theme for the double page. it has also used drop capitals in the article which draws the readers attention in to the article. This article has also used good use of a huge j in the background which has been coloured a bright vibrant red which adds colour to the solid two columns of text.
for my magazine I am also going to stick to two font bebas neue and freshman. I will also use a main colour theme of black and red as I think this has the best effect and really makes the double page stand out. this will also fit in with the overall theme for my magazine and with the title which is also black and red.


No comments:

Post a Comment